Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd. The truck will not shift

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd. The truck will not shift into 4wd. 4wd service light is on. I have changed the TCCM and the selector switch and it still will not shift into 4wd. It looks to me like the selector switch is not getting any power (No lights in any position). What do you think?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. The TIPM which is the fuse box under the hood supplies voltage to the TCCM. What codes are in the TIPM pertaining to your 4WD issue? If your not sure you will need a scantool to retrieve the codes so we can see whats going on.. Once you get the codes post them here so I can help you get it fixed..