Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

Scan tool show no link to vehicle JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

Scan tool show no link to vehicle
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Charles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hook my scan to the vehicle and it said no link to vehicle I used a second scan it said the same thing
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: It just started this is used it before on the same vehicle
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.
Hi there.I might be able to help you, eventhough the questions has been posted here in the Dodge page.No communication between the onboard computer and a scan tool usually means the serial data bus is down. Are there any drivability issues? Does the Check Engine Light come on with ignition? Is there battery voltage at terminal #16, and ground on terminals #4 and #5 on the data link connector?