Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

2001 dodge 2500 has 3 abs codes 63,65 and 78. We have tried

Customer Question

2001 dodge 2500 has 3 abs codes 63,65 and 78. We have tried about everything and the codes remain.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When you press on the brake and the gas at the same time you have no power, the brake light is not on but it continues to send the 3 codes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
At a stop sign it goes to full throttle
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have replaced the turquoise converor selionid, rear wheel Antilock by master cylinder and the break light switch
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you have not checked for any broken wiring at all this needs done.If an issue is found with any broken wiring this will need repaired to correct this issue here.I would check the wiring and connections to the anti lock brake unit itself for any corrosion or damage needing repaired or replaced.If this is or has been checked already let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This has been done and all the wires and connections look good.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately my info is not listing a couple of these codes for this model here and someone else here may be able to help further on this.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi there. Different expert here.63, 65 and 78 are generic ABS codes retrieved using a generic scan tool. To get any degree of accuracy, Dodge ABS diagnostics must be performed with the aid of a DRB-III scan tool.The symptoms related to those generic codes point to a bad hydraulic control unit (CAB). Here are the diagnostic procedures:REAR RESET SWITCH CLOSED - EBC 2When Monitored and Set Condition:REAR RESET SWITCH CLOSED - EBC 2When Monitored: CAB not in the antilock pressure control mode.Set Condition: Reset switch voltage low and the when monitored conditions have beensatisfied for over 200 consecutive controller checks spaced 5 milliseconds (ms) apart (1.0second total).POSSIBLE CAUSESREAR SOLENOID DTC(S) PRESENTHCU 4-WAY HARNESS OR CONNECTOR DAMAGEMECHANICAL BRAKE CONCERNHCU INTERNAL CONCERNTEST ACTION APPLICABILITY1 Ignition on, engine not running.With the DRBIIIt, read DTC’s.Are there any DTC’s displayed for the Rear Solenoid Valves?AllYes - Perform the appropriate diagnostics test for the displayed DTC’s.Perform ABS VERIFICATION TEST - VER 1.No - Go To 22 Turn the ignition off.Disconnect the HCU harness connector.Note: Check connectors - Clean/repair as necessary.Inspect the HCU harness and connector for damage.Is there any HCU connector, terminal or harness damage?AllYes - Repair the HCU 4-way harness or connector as necessary.Perform ABS VERIFICATION TEST - VER 1.No - Go To 33 Road test the vehicle and check mechanical brake operation.Check whether brakes apply and release OK.Is there a mechanical brake operation concern?AllYes - Repair the mechanical brake concern.Perform ABS VERIFICATION TEST - VER 1.No - Replace the Hydraulic Control Unit in accordance with theService Information.Please let me know if you have any other questions.Best Regards.