Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2006 dodge charger 2.7L. Coolant pouring out the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 dodge charger 2.7L. Coolant pouring out the weep hole for the water pump. Pulled the water pump, it has a grove in the block for the rubber gasket. Went to the dealer ,got a pump and gasket... the new gasket doesn't go in the grove but is flat and covers the whole surface of the pump face. Dealer said the gasket was right... put it back together... still leaks out the weep hole. This is a wrecked car... just got it. may not be the right motor... IDN... Help! :-)
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 6 months ago.
Hello, can you take a picture of the block and the pump and send to this post?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
trying to up load
unsure of customer side but should? have an icon like a tree or paperclip to send pics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
have had no luck sending pic though
really wanted to see it, I will opt out and reopen the post in hopes another expert can help you with this, Sry I could not
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on... On a 2.7 the water pump is timing chain driven so you will have to remove the entire front of the engine to replace it.. I see that you aren't sure if it's the right engine so if you could send me the VIN number I will be glad to check and see what's going on.. Talk soon,Brad