bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

2012 dodge caravan engine replacement. Is the fastest way to

Customer Question

2012 dodge caravan engine replacement. Is the fastest way to remove from bottom with or without tranny
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 8 months ago.
that engine and transmission comes out the bottom as an assembly, remove BOTH cats, the axles and drop it out the bottom,the "K" member stays in with the rack it's a tight fit but comes right out the bottom i have done a few of these and my best time is 14hours for a complete swap this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do u have a step procedure of items which need removal ie does starter, exhaust manifolds, rad cooler fan etc... need to come off, perhaps a basis order of procedure. I have done a lot of engine , tranny swaps , just this is my first caravan, prefer not to waste time taking out things which do not need to come out. Thanks
Expert:  bill replied 8 months ago.
here's a link to the FACTORY procedure, there are NO exhaust manifolds they ae the cat and the cats definitely need to come off as I said before this link is only up a few days so save the pages to your desktop or print them for reference, also please remember this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the servicehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/5p4z11ifuaq8rtr/36RR.pdf?dl=0