Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Have a 2002 ram 4.7 started running bad ,well idling rough

Customer Question

have a 2002 ram 4.7 started running bad ,well idling rough then started running like i had bad gas i have changed plugs fuel filter i have sprayed carb cleaner on all parts above intake and injectors it will run fine then after it warms up at different time run terrible i have even replaced the fuel pump al the codes p0037 p0123 p0132 p0300 p0302 p0304 p0138
JA: Has the filter ever been replaced? How has the car been running lately? Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: p0445 po031
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: i have replaced the sending unit at the bottom of throttle body i am thinking about replacing the camshaft sencer next
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,You have misfire codes for cylinders 2 & 4.Are they adjacent cylinders on your engine?I would remove all spark plugs, and perform a compression test as the first step.Gary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
correct me if i am wrong but #2 is passenger side front cylinder , 2,4,6,8 and drivers side cylinder is 1,3,5,7
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
that is correct.You have misfire codes for 2 & 4. P0123 is Tps, P0132 p0138 is bank 1 both O2 sensors, P0445 evap solenoid.Has it had any other major work recently?Have you bought gas recently?Gary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i wrote what i have done since the problem has started not sure what you call major
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have considered the bad gas i am replacing the cam position sensor today
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
My major is engine or trans out, so that would be a no to these?With that many codes, you could have a damaged harness.Will you do the compression test?The spark plugs are ok, and made no difference, correct?Gary