b5demon, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician for over 17 years Sprinter and Viper specialist

Got 3 gals of regular gas in my 2006 diesel. can I drive

Customer Question

got 3 gals of regular gas in my 2006 diesel. can I drive this?
JA: How many miles are on the engine? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 60,000 miles. about 16 mpg
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: jus trying to deal with about 3 gallons of gasoline accidently put into my diesel truck. would driving It hurt or would it just burn through
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: depends on he fix
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: no it runs great
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  b5demon replied 5 months ago.
HI Welcome to Just Answer! No you should drain the tank and refill it with diesel and also replace your fuel filter gas can damage the injection pump since the pump also uses the diesel fuel for lubrication the little bit of money you will loose is a lot less than replacing the injection pump.