Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2009 dodge challenger push botton start wont work new

Customer Question

2009 dodge challenger push botton start wont work new starter new battery fob openn doors turns on accessorys
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Did this issue here start after a repair or starting procedure of a different way was done at all? Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no stopped at the store after came out of store it would not start went back in store bought new batterys for fob still wouldnt start called my wife left car at store overnight got on line after i got home found out you could pull button out & use the fob so went back next morning 7 tyied that & it started drove home 20 miles no problem . then tried it again & it has started since that was 5 days ago
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Is it not starting with the key or push button at all now? Have you locked and unlocked the vehicle with the remote with the push button installed to see if it then starts and runs? Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
tried just about everythinig i know . ill have to call you latter ive got to go to my grandsons game right now so i will call latter if that ok
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
You can come back here and post anytime your ready. From the way it sounds here this sounds like the key itself is not being detected properly by the computer in your vehicle.This can cause a no start with the key itself as well as with the push button assembly here.If this occurs with more then one key let me know but if it only occurs with one key or you only have one key/remote I suspect it may be at fault internally causing this issue here.The other component that may be causing this fault here is a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch act up/fail in the past before needing replaced for this type of fault here.This would need to be checked/tested further to be sure with first having the fault codes read out with a fully compatible scan tool for your model here then those codes diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete