b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician for over 17 years Sprinter and Viper specialist
13235514

2006 dodge ram 1500. ABS and brake light on it sometimes

Customer Question

2006 dodge ram 1500. ABS and brake light on it sometimes goes off but when it dose the speedometer stops working when ABS and brake light comes back on speedo works. also temp gage reads hot but engine seem normal temp. Do you have a idea where to start
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** GM factory trained technician. I will be happy to help you with your Acadia. I have seen this happen before, it is somewhat common for the radio amplifier to have a intermittent fault causing the symptoms you have described. The blinker sounds are also produced from the audio system, this is why they stop working also. It is very likely the radio amplifier will need to be replaced. I have attached a link for the part. It is located under the dash and is difficult to replace. Also the amplifier must be programmed to the vehicle after it is replaced or it will not work. Some independent shops and all dealerships can reprogram the amplifier for around 80- to 100 dollars. If you could kindly rate my service it would be very appreciated so i can receive credit. I will continue to work with you even after rated, and get notifications about any other questions you may have. I only strive for excellent service, Thank you for being a great customer.Derek W
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the answer is not for the question I have a dodge ram 1500 not an Aciadia
sorry i am having computer problems i will opt out of this question so someone can help you sorry.
Expert:  b5demon replied 10 months ago.
Hi Welcome to Just Answer! Have you had it checked for codes yet?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have not had it checked for codes yet.
Expert:  b5demon replied 10 months ago.
Ok first thing to do is have it checked for codes so we know what speed sensor or other issue we need to adress
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I will get to a auto zone today
Expert:  b5demon replied 10 months ago.
ok let me know what they find and i can assist you from that point
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The code is C 1036
Expert:  b5demon replied 10 months ago.
ok that code isfor the rear wheel speed sensor.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks I will try that and let you know
Expert:  b5demon replied 10 months ago.
ok let me know if you need any more help
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Another question I assume the rear wheel sensor is the one on the differential is that correct
Expert:  b5demon replied 10 months ago.
the one in the differential