Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified

I just had my Dakota auto accelerate. While driving the

Customer Question

I just had my Dakota auto accelerate. While driving the engine rpms went and stayed at 3000. I shut off the engine and disconnected the battery for 2 minutes, but on restart it again went to 3000 rpm. What could be wrong?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.First, check to make sure that the accelerator pedal didn't get stuck under the floor mat (if equipped). If that is not it, I recommend to double check your work with the oil change and k&n filter change. Check to be sure that the accelerator cable is not binding and that the throttle blade is not stuck open...Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert