-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I have a 2008 Dodge Avenger where the satellite radio

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Dodge Avenger where the satellite radio worked, then was intermittant, now is no signal all the time. Went through the refreshing etc with Sirius. Everything else in the radio/cd/aux player works. What should my next move be?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on... So your only issue is that the Sirius will not work? Does it stay on channel 184? It's either a bad radio or antenna and the next step would be to install a known good antenna also it would help to know what codes it has in the radio with a scantool..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the radio stays on channel 184 no sound. I will see if I can get any codes out of it. How hard is it to replace that antenna?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
The antenna that I have had to replace a few of is only the antenna base at the rear of the vehicle.. You have to drop the headliner and loosen the 10mm bolt to remove the antenna. Since you don't have a known good antenna like we do here at the dealership then you can either bring it in to be tested or just replace the antenna yourself.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad