Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

My wife left my 2012 ram on acc last night and it drained my

Customer Question

My wife left my 2012 ram on acc last night and it drained my battery, trying to jump it , seats move , fan blows air, but won't turn over? Ha
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Do i have to reset something?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. Its just drained battery and I assume I have to reset a sender or something. Also, it went let me take the key out of the ignition
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Jumping it from my mustang
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: I dint think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: It has a 25 ounce bud ice in the cup holder if that helps! Lol
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Do you have access to a small trickle battery charger? Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Do you have access to a small trickle battery charger? If so, I would like you to disconnect the negative battery cable and then charge the battery for an hour. Then reconnect the battery and start the truck. Let me know if that helps, Chris
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not have access to a small trickle charger. Everything in the truck works that's electrical. Is there a manual reset it need to do or just get a new battery?
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.
Ok, well the manual reset will be to disconnect the negative battery cable for 2 to 5 minutes and then reconnect it. Now the battery has to have a good charge, so what I recommend since you do not have a battery charger is to remove the battery and take it down to your auto parts store so that it can be tested. If it fails, then replace it. Try that and let me know how it goes. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see how it is going with the truck. Please note: If I have been at all helpful, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!