rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Dodge Durango: I have a 2004 Dodge Durango 5.7L. Original code

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango 5.7L. Original code was for P0335 (crank position sensor). Now there are no codes. It will crank but not start. I changed out the CKP and the CPS, still no start. I am thinking there is a problem with the wiring. I need a flow chart/instructions for checking the wiring, including PCM pin info. Also, I don't have access to a Miller Special Tool #8815, so I need some sort of work around, if possible. Thanks, Tony
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. First let me know if you confirmed that there is NO spark to the plugs. If there is spark,then you need to check your fuel pressure with a gauge. If there is no spark, then we may also have a computer issue. A scan tool and a lab scope are your best friends right now to eliminate a lot of wasted time and work.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have fuel pressure at the rail. I have no spark because I don't believe the PCM is receiving a signal from crank sensor. I do not have access to a scan tool or lab scope. I need alternate methods of testing the crank position sensor using a multimeter.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
What is the fuel pressure? Do you have spark or not? Please answer my questions, it is important. There is no other way to check a crank sensor other than with a scope.Thanks, ***** ***** please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron