Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics

Ram 2500 diesel: what is required to repair the A/C actuator

Customer Question

what is required to repair the A/C actuator on my 2005 Ram 2500. If this is too vague, can you tell me what time the flat rate book estimates for getting this part out and repairing/replacing whatever is malfunctioning
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.
From what you are describing here, it sounds like you are referring to the Blend Door Actuator. This is a little motor that turns the door internal of the HVAC Housing to switch between heat and A/C as commanded by the control panel. Unfortunately, when faulty, they cannot be "repaired" and must be replaced. On this vehicle, the Labor Time Guide calls for 4.6 hours to replace the Actuator (the instrument panel will need to be removed to gain access). Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.