Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

My electronic throttle control light is on. Also there s a

Customer Question

My electronic throttle control light is on. Also there s a "check instrument" light on It came on a few days ago but went off. It came back on yesterday. My dealer is a bit over a hundred miles from me.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No. How would I obtain the code?
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Dodge Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible. The truck drives fine.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: It has had a chip installed and 25% boost. That increased my mileage from 17 to 24 mpg on long trips.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on... To repair this issue you will need to start by running byt your local parts store and have them read the codes fro you free of charge. Once you know what code it has and what's going on then I will be better able to tell you how to repair it but without knowing what codes are stored it's anybody's guess.. Can you have the codes read and post the P codes here? Talk soon,Brad