Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Dodge 5.9 Cummins: Brad. I have a 1995 Dodge dually 5.9

Customer Question

Hello Brad. I have a 1995 Dodge dually 5.9 Cummins. It just started missing yesterday like a dead cylinder. I just finished changing the fuel filter thinking it was stopping up. What could it be.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.This may be due to an issue with one or more fuel injectors at fault not sending the correct amount of fuel into the cylinder or bleeding fuel back to the return side to the tank lowering fuel rail pressure.If you have not had the fuel injectors tested this should be done to see if one or more are found to be an issue here needing replaced.The other issue I have seen is low compression on one or more cylinders.If you have not had a cylinder compression test done at all this needs done to see if one or more cylinders are low on compression due to valve issues in the cylinder heads or piston or piston rings at fault.These need to be checked into here to help locate and repair this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete