Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 04 5.9L about two weeks ago my grid heater light came

Customer Question

I have a 04 5.9L about two weeks ago my grid heater light came on while driving and has not gone off. I was having no other issues so I did not address the issue right away. the last few days it has been getting harder to start cranking for longer then finally catching. this morning it will not start. just keeps cranking I have flushed my fuel bowl and checked my air filter I also checked my grid heater just in case and it is not corroded and appears fine. I am not sure where to go from here
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have cleared my codes and changed filters air and fuel
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: no its stock
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the grid heater you are speaking of is the glow plug heater light I would have the glow plugs tested to see if any of them are found to be at fault needing replaced.I would also have the glow plug control relay and fuses checked for any issues.If these have been checked or if you need info on how to check these here let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi 04 dodge have grid heaters on the intake to pre heat the air coming in for cold starts. But my problem is No start . I want a refund