Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2010 Dodge Care van it has 90 000.00 miles when I

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Dodge Care van it has 90 000.00 miles when I drive it and get out it smell like burning oil under it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It just smells really bad and it smell when I have fan on sometimes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No can you tell me what it is my husband died and I do not have money coming in
JA: OK! The Dodge Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. He worked as a designer for AMC, the American Motor Company.
Customer: Ok where you s it
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI, Unfortunately there is no way to pinpoint it without physically inspecting it. What you are describing is an oil leak that it hitting the exhaust and burning on it - this may be from a leaking valve cover, leaking oil pressure switch, leaking oil filter, leaking oil pan, or rear engine seal. Because there are several possible causes of the oil leak, this does REQUIRE hands on inspection to find the leak and then do the repair Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks I will make a pointment to have it done . Good
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI,You are welcome and have a good week! Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.