Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I turned off my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 truck and tried to start

Customer Question

I turned off my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 truck and tried to start it. It sounds like a relay is engaging under or behind the driver's seat but the engine will not crank.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: What I've given you is about the sum total. This problem has occurred before but I can usually get the truck to start by turning the switch off and on until the starter motor engages but not this time.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the fuses but cannot find the relay.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I figured out the problem for now. I cleaned the battery posts and connectors and it started.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. If the issue comes back, let me know and I will help.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris