Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Chrysler 200: My car will not turn off push start button, is

Customer Question

My car will not turn off push start button, is ther another way to turn off
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. What is the year and model of your Dodge?Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a Chrysler(###) ###-#### *****'s push to start and won't turn off. All the dashboard lights came on and stayed on
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Chrysler(###) ###-####
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Ok, give me a minute to look at the wiring diagram and see what we can do to get it turned off. I will be back in a few minutes.
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Ok, open the hood and open up the cover on the fuse box. You can remove the cover and look on the inside of the lid. Locate fuse F8. Remove fuse F8. That will shut the engine off. Then you can remove the negative battery cable. Then get the vehicle to the dealer so they can get this diagnosed with their WiTech scan tool. You may have a bad WIN module (where the start button is) or a bad BCM (Body Control Module). Good chance it is still under warranty and repairing it should be covered. Let me know if you get it turned off and if I have been helpful, please take a minute to rate my service when you get a chance. Thank you! Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
cannot find number 8
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Do you see the fuses listed on the inside of the cover?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes
Is it K-8 labled blower motor
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
No, it will be F8 ASD or engine.
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Fuse F16 will also work. See if you can find that one and pull it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
f8 says fuel injector ECM
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
That's it!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you just pull it out it seems stuck, cannot get it out
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am on the computer at home, I am going over to my son's house to help him so I guess we we let you know in about 20 minutess or so.
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Yes, use a pair of needle nose pliers or a small hook tool
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello, how's it going? Were you able to get the fuse pulled and engine turned off? Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, we got the fuse and turned it off. Thank you for your help
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Very good! Glad I was able to help you out today! Now would you do me a favor and take a minute to rate my service using the just answer rating system? I would really appreciate it. I get no credit unless you do that. It will not cost you any extra. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Good morning! I am just checking back to see if you received my last reply. Please let me know if you did or did not get it. Thanks Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Yes, we got the fuse and turned it off. Thank you for your help You are welcome, and I appreciate your thank you. But I don't get credit until you actually rate my service using the just answer rating system. It only takes less then 30 seconds to do. If you really don't want to do that, at least tell me why. I see that you are pleased with my service, but just don't understand why you will not rate me. It does not cost you any extra. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Please note: If I have been at all helpful, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello, just wondering why you will not take a minute and rate my service. Did I do something wrong? I think I spent about an hour working with you the other day and was hoping to get "credit" for helping you. If you cannot or do not want to rate, at least tell me why so I can provide better service in the future. I just don't understand. If you have more questions regarding your 200, please ask. I will still continue to help. Thank you once again. Chris