Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Radio is working sound works on aux and cd but no sound am/fm

Customer Question

Radio is working sound works on aux and cd but no sound am/fm changed m12 fuse still no sound disconnected battery 30 min reconnected still no sound any ideas 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No sound on am/fm radio
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Was hoping to yes
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No truck runs great just got in today and sound isn't working
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Looking at your models info here the sound comes from the radio itself.Since you have sound with aux and cd this indicates the sound chips are working in the radio and that the fault is in the radio itself with relaying the am/fm sound through these chips to the speakers.I have seen internal radio faults like this before in the past and had to replace the radio or remove it and have a dealer have it repaired.Even if you have the premium sound system which would include an amplifier the amp is o.k. because you have sound from the aux and cd so the fault is still in the radio itself with it needing repaired or replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete