tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owned repair shop for 25yrs

I had to remove the intake Plenum to access the coolant

Customer Question

I had to remove the intake Plenum to access the blown coolant hoses behind the engine on mu 09 Journey 3.5l. I do not think it overheated bad but the engine did derate. 2 issues now. 1. can't get the coolant to fill the system from the surge tank i can only add 1/2 gallon.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: filling the reservoir and running the engine. it is warm and the gauge seems to be reading correctly
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: i'm also having an issue that it only seems to be getting air from the PVC port in the plenum that has no hose attached to it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 5 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]. the link doesn’t work that way, try it this If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help