sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Cummins,5.9 will turn over but not crank.changed fuel filter,worked

Customer Question

Cummins,5.9 will turn over but not crank.changed fuel filter,worked for about 2 weeks. now it will not crank again.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Changed fuel filter,ran for a couple weeks.Now will turn over but want start.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes,If possiable
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!'Turn over' and crank are synonymous. I'm assuming that the starter engages and turns the engine but the engine does not start.There are many things that could cause a no start condition, especially on what year the truck is. You may have a failed transfer pump, injector pump, if it's an older truck you may have a shutdown solenoid issue. If its a common rail engine a common cause of a no start is an injector that is returning fuel and preventing the system from pressurizing enough to turn the injectors on.What year is the truck?