Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

2011 Dodge Dakota having a flashing tire warning different

Customer Question

2011 Dodge Dakota having a flashing tire warning different than low tire light but in the same spot. Yesterday when the warning light was flashing, an audible alarm went off. I do not know what is wrong, whether it is the tire, suspension, or brakes. I did notice when I was trying to brake the other day it was like the brake was catch release, catch release. When the light was flashing and the alarm went off I looked and it sounded like a faint hissing sound near the wheel area and I noticed water, but assumed this was the A/C.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.A flashing Tire Pressure Monitor lamp is telling you that there is a malfunction of the Tire Pressure Monitoring system. It could be caused by a faulty tire pressure sensor, a communication problem between modules or simply that it lost it's configuration. To find out what the problem is, you MUST visit the dealer to have the TPMS system scanned and diagnosed...Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved. If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >"http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-Robertr/?r=SprinterRob&bt=0" My Profile Page[/URL](Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue. If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so... If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.