sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I got a dodge Durango on auction 2009 model, it's radio/dvd

Customer Question

i got a dodge Durango on auction 2009 model, it's radio/dvd screen was taken off by someone, my problem is horn and cruise control is not working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I try to set cruise control but no signals on dash board for engaging cruise control. horn having no response even I doubt horn switch is pressing or not
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing:)
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: as I earlier mention the screen is taken off, am looking for a after market one
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The horn and cruise not working may or may not be related. There may be an issue in the steering column, but if the horn will not work at all then it's a separate issue from cruise not working. Cruise switch issues on these aren't unheard of.Does the horn not honk when pressing the lock button on the key fob? If not, is RKE horn chirp turned on?Have you checked for fault codes in all modules?