Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified

2015 Chrysler 300. Service keyless system. Key fob not detected

Customer Question

JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It will unlock, lock, remote start etc. just won't keep running when u push the button. I'm stuck
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if at all possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Googling
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. Try something, I suspect that this will at least get the vehicle started so you can get to where you need to go. After that, get to the dealer asap to have it diagnosed. This procedure will depend on the style of fob. IF this is the one that has the removable start button, remove the start button and insert the Fob itself and start the vehicle normally.IF your vehicle doesn't have the removable start button then use the fob itself ( the back side that doesn't have the key inserted into it) to press the start button. If you start it in this manner, it should remain running so that you can get to your destination...Keep me posted to let me know if this worked and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.
Hello, This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved. If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark "" My Profile Page "" (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it. If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue. If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so... If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently. My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future. Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer! Robert