Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2011 dodge grand caravan has a clank in left front strut over

Customer Question

2011 dodge grand caravan has a clank in left front strut over small bumps
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Left front was popping/clicking on low speed turns with brakes applied. Local shop diagnosed it as a bad strut mount. They replaced it; mostly fixed problem (its still there but much quieter). I can live with that. However, ever since I got the car back there is a clank/clunk from same left front that sounds like it is just behind the dashboard. I figured it must be in the upper strut area. Same shop refuses to disassemble to diagnose since I will not pay for it if the job was botched. Do you think it was a faulty strut mount?
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No. I need to request specific repairs from shop.
JA: OK! The Dodge Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 6 months ago.
Hello Im Chris and I will assist you
The way you are describing the noise behind the dash it sounds like it.
If that noise wasnt there before it tells you all you need to know.