Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

Have a 2001 Dodge Dakota that I have to play with the

Customer Question

Have a 2001 Dodge Dakota that I have to play with the steering column to get the ignition to crank the starter. Is there a solution. Have replaced the starter, battery, and starter relay???
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.
Hi there.More likely, the issue is with the ignition switch. Remove the steering column shrouds to get access to the electrical part of the ignition switch (to the left of the column, directly opposite form the key lock). Grab a hold of the wiring connecting to the switch and wiggle it while you turn the key to START. If that does it, remove the two screws and replace just that part of the switch. Click here to see sample switch from Advance Auto.Best Regards.
Hi again.Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, then kindly accept and rate my answer now. Please reply if it didn't.Best Regards.