Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Dodge durango slt: have a 2005 dodge durango 5.7 the alarm

Customer Question

have a 2005 dodge durango 5.7 the alarm went off could not get to shut off with key. it finally quit. after awhile got door to unlock. cranked vehicle drove it back home on the way check engine ight came on. after getting home went to drive it to store would crank but has no power when you shut it off still wants to run for a little bit
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. What codes are setting?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that was not my question. have a dodge 2005 durango 5.7 stuck in park brake light does not work. changed brake light switch still does not work. got wet fuse block dryed out when started
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
slide on ignition is working shift lock that goes into shifter when turning on ignition working clears when turn ignition
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
where are you brad
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
I need for you to connect a scantool and tel me what codes are in the TIPM which is the fuse box under the hood.. Also you will need to communicate with the PCM to see what is says for "Ok to start" Keep me posted,Brad
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No codes now had to take battery cable of to work on fuse panel on inside. Dropped code . Will crank and run has not dropped codes no voltage on harness to brake light switch. Need to find where it feeds from what fuse
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Brake light does not work and stuck in park