Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have an electrical problem in my 2004 chrysler sebring and

Customer Question

i have an electrical problem in my 2004 chrysler sebring and i need help figuring out whats wrong
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Can you describe to me what is occuring here with this issue? Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my keyless entry doesnt work, its stalls sometimes when i push the clutch in the radio doesnt work and none of my interior lights work
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
and sometimes when i turn the key on my rpm gauge shoots up to 4k and my speedometer goes up to 65mph like a code or something but havnt been able to find anything on it
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Did all of these issues occur at the same time? Has anything been checked,tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this fault here at all?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes i was trying to install a radio and touched the wrong wires together and it all went out i replaced all the interior fuses and the whole fuse box which didnt help anything
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
and my door locks dont work i have to physically push the lock tab but for some reason it still locks by itself when i get up to the right speed
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Have you had the fault codes checked or can you get the fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers at all? Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have an obd2 scanner but no check engine light i have already tried
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Do you know what color wires and their locations that had shorted out so I can check some diagram info on this here?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was the battery and ignition wires
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
O.k.,looking at all the components here that are not working or are acting up here this leads to a fault in the BCM (body control module).This module controls and monitors these components here and it sounds like the short has damaged it.The body control module is attached to Junction Block itself and both are removed together then the BCM can be separated from it and replaced.The BCM has to be calibrated after replacement in order to operate in your vehicle and this has to be done by a dealer as it requires their DRB III tool to do this.I show just under 1 hours labor to replace this and this module can run anywhere from $250 to $500 in some cases. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
every once in a while i can hear a relay ticking really fast and rapid coming from the engine bay do you know if there's a relay or something under the hood that controls radio and lighting?
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
The relay is most likely being affected by the body control module fault as this control module also controls relay operations.With all that is occuring here this sounds to be a fault in the BCM needing replaced. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete