Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Ram 3500 Laramie: I have an 08 3500 cummins and my key fob

Customer Question

I have an 08 3500 cummins and my key fob and door lock buttons only lock and unlock the front doors. How or why are the back doors excluded?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. The back doors should not be excluded. There is no way to "turn that feature off". You have broken wiring in those black rubber convoluted boots between the rear doors and the cab, or both door latch/lock actuators have failed. . Do this: peel back tose rubber boots and inspect/repair any broken wires. If the wires are intact, then suspect the actuators and have them replaced. I hope that this information helps, and if so, would you kindly take a minute to rate my service? I will get no credit for helping you unless you do. Note that I can still help you out with this problem even after you rate my service. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Please note: If I have been at all helpful, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!