Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey that the radio started to come

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey that the radio started to come on and have no sound intermittently. I took to Dodge Dealer and they said all they can do is start to replace parts at my cost until it starts working again. No thank you! Trying to figure out if I can try some things myself to fix this.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just whatever the dealer tried which they didn't tell me.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Everything else is in working order
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.This is usually caused by a software issue in the amplifier. Reflashing it SHOULD solve the issue. I am attaching a TSB that gives more details on it. Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay I just realized I was charged twice for this. I was only expecting a $5 charge. Why is my bank account being charged $5 and then also $23????
You must have misread it. It should have told you there would be a 5 dollar deposit and then once a reply was received the balance of the 28.00 you agreed to would be charged.28 is the total charge. If you want a refund let me know and I will let you know how to get it.Please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. This wont affect how much you are charged, will not incur any additional charges and will not effect a refund. It is you rating my service and nothing else.