Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

I have an 04 dodge caravan. Won't start, sometimes, until I

Customer Question

I have an 04 dodge caravan. Won't start, sometimes, until I turn the steering wheel back and forth. Also the steering wheel won't lock.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What else do you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to know what is failing with your no crank condition the first thing that you need to do is to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault code setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine the cause. Post back when you can and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, since it took so long to get an answer last night. I replaced the ignition lock cylinder and ignition switch. Problem still exists.
I have to pull the steering wheel to the right for it to start.
Won't be able to get the computer codes checked until tonight.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Post back when you can and we can work from there, in here everyday.