Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2013 ram 1500 crew 4x4 reverse light on passenger side will

Customer Question

2013 ram 1500 crew 4x4 reverse light on passenger side will not go out even when truck isn't running
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Has anything after market been wired into your model at all like a remote start or alarm system? Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No everything is stock
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
O.k.,your back up lights receive separate individual voltage to each light on a separate wire from the body control module.The most common cause for this issue here is the body control module itself needing replaced.It can short out internally like you see here and cause this issue with it needing replaced.The only other reason I see that this would occur is if there is a short in the white/orange wire leading from the passenger back up light to the body control module with the short needing repaired.Most of the time though the body control module needs replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is this something I can do myself
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
I would have the wiring traced first to see if it is shorted out in any areas needing repaired.If it is o.k. then the body control module needs replaced.I dont show an exact cost for it but it can range anywhere usually from $300 to sometimes over $500 and 1.3 hours labor to have replaced.The BCM (body control module) has to be programmed after it is replaced and this is done by a dealer unfortunately. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete