Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

3 Cylinder misfire JA: Sometimes things that you think will

Customer Question

#3 Cylinder misfire
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have had this error twice now last night I also got Crankshaft sensor error. (I replaced the Sensor)
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If its not overly complicated
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: 2008 2.7 v6 114k miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  roy replied 5 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist year, make, model and engine??? roy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2008 dodge charger 2.7 v6
Expert:  roy replied 5 months ago.
thank youmiss fire come from several possibilities.plug fouled, coil, boot on coil arcing out, injector not spraying fuel, vacuum leak at the intake runner at the intake manifold, low compression or valve train issue.the most basic would be to change the plug and the coil and se if the problem is still there. Roy