Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

My car stalls when stopped at light and when i star it it starts

Customer Question

my car stalls when stopped at light and when i star it it starts right away but when i put it in drive it dont move for a couple of seconds then it goes my engine light is on now. i had the gas tank replaced alresdy
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no ido not but it does not have anything to do withfilling up gas tank
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Dodge Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: it just started so all idid was take off gas cap and put it back on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: yes the coupling under the back seat where the fuel pump is was loose so to fix it temporaily i wedged a piece of cork to hold the plastic thing in place so it dont get loose
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today. What is the year and model of your Dodge? Chris