Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. Last year the hydraulic

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. Last year the hydraulic lifts failed, so the hatch door was unable to stay open by itself. Then the back hatch wouldn't open and the only way that I see to open it is via my key...don't see where I can insert a key to unlock it. Need help because most of my brake lights are out, my turn signal light is out and I can't replace them until I can get the back hatch to open! UGH!!!
JA: Working brake lights are so important for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, because I'm afraid of what it will cost to have a garage fix it.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: From the inside, took the panel off on the back hatch that exposes the locking mechanism
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No...not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 6 months ago.
hi, my name is ***** ***** I'm going to try to help
do you have any pictures of this from the inside, with the mechanism exposed?