Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Dodge Dakota Sport V6: I have a 1999 Dodge Dakota sport that

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Dodge Dakota sport that stalls and dies while driving. I get a "No Bus" warning on the odometer when stalls. I have to wait a little while before the truck restarts.
I have had a front end replacement, new tires, alignment, fuel pump, distributor, new battery. I don't know what else it could be. Could it be the computer? Steven
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Was the crankshaft position sensor replaced? If not, it could be shorting out pulling the PCM down causing this problem. Another possible cause would be a bad PCM. YES, the PCM or even possibly the instrument cluster could be going bad causing this problem.
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
I would start by checking the crank sensor first and then checking for communication with the PCM WHEN this problem occurs. If the PCM is not communicating when this happens, then it is likley a bad PCM.
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, How much does a PCM cost? The engine was recently diagnosed and the mechanic said it was likely not the PCM because he was not getting anything to the contrary. What about the distributor plate disk? Could that be the problem? How much does a crank sensor cost?
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
The crank sensor is very cheap. Less than $100 bucks. The pickup inside the distributor could be bad, but you said the distributor has been replaced already
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
The PCM is rather expensive. It depends on where you get it from. I would do some shopping around to get the best price.
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Would you like the PCM part number?
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Automatic transmission with federal emissions the O.E. Part number for the PCM is R6046323AG
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-ENGINE-COMPUTER-PROGRAMMED-PLUG-PLAY-1998-DODGE-DAKOTA-R6046323AG-3-9L-/361040518731 http://www.moparpartscounter.com/oe-mopar/r6046323ag Here are two sources for this PCM
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, I would like the PCM part number for my 1999 Dodge Dakota Sport V6 3.9 liter engine.
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
I sent it in my reply above. Here it is again.. R6046323AG