Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

When accelerating from 0 mph to 7 mph my transmission is bumping JA:

Customer Question

when accelerating from 0 mph to 7 mph my transmission is bumping
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when I come to a complete stop I get a bump in the the transmission as well.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: diesel particulate filter is a little clogged
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If the engine and transmission mounts have not been checked at all I would check and see if any of these are found to be worn,collapsed or damaged in any way needing replaced.I have seen this cause this issue here needing replaced.If this is all o.k. this may be a fault with a driveline with a failing U joint (rear wheel or all wheel drive models) or the slip yoke sticking in the transmission/transfer case needing cleaned.If your check engine or any other warning lights have come on I would have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.I would have the brake calipers checked as well to make sure one isnt sticking as this will also cause this fault.All of these need checked into here to locate the source of the fault then from there it can be repaired to correct this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi peteI so have a few codes already. I just had the truck diagnosed by Mercedes and they came up with 37784 code for drift and diesel particulate filter. and 2 codes from autozone. p242f and p0101. both codes are in my opinion not related to my transmission bumping issue.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
These dont appear to be related to the transmission fault here although it would be a good idea to have the mass air flow sensor cleaned to see if it corrects some of the codes here. I would have the mounts checked for any wear or damage needing replaced as well as the brake calipers to see if one or more need replaced.If these are o.k. I would have the drive line and joints checked for any issues needing repaired or replaced. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't rate your service until I attempt your remedies.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
No problem.Let me know what you come up with here when your ready. Thanks Pete