Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

No spark JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

no spark
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a brand new coil, asd relay and distributor assy. I have no spark, I had just rebuilt this engine in my 91 dodge d150 5.2 318 and it I have got code 12 24 and 11
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, I am a young mechanic, I'm capable of most things but ive been fighting this one for a week
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have tried testing the coil to be sure i don't have a faulty coil and it already has a new distributor. but i am not getting any power or breaking ground at the coil when hooked to truck harness, code 11 says timing belt skipped 1 tooth or more from intial learned value, intermittent loss of either camshaft or crank position sensor, no crank reference signal detected during engine cranking
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: other then like i said the engine i had just completely rebuilt
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 8 months ago.
Hello Im chris and I will try to help you
Did your distributor come with a new module in it? Thats that black round disc that screws into distributor.
If not that is your problem.
Let me know when you are on. Today I will be on after 7PM EST. Thank you.