Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango, my truck is driving fine under

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango, my truck is driving fine under 60 MPH, but once I drive pass 60-65 my steering wheel starts shaking and vibrating and you can feel it throughout the truck and it's even worst at 70-80 mph and beyond. But driving under anywhere under 55mph it's fine. Can you tell me what I can do to resolve this?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
Have the wheels balanced.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If balancing the wheels doesn't work then what else to check?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
Have the shop lift up the entire vehicle up on the lift at least 2 feet off the ground, start the engine, place it in gear and rev it up until it shakes/vibrates and look/listen if the mechanic can find the problem. If not, remove a wheel one at a time until it goes away, or if it's 4wd, remove the front driveshaft and then remove the rear driveshaft and keep going until the shaking is gone, then you will know what it could be once it's removed.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.