Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care

Stuck in park JA: Sometimes things that you think will be

Customer Question

Stuck in park
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Stuck in park
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Taken off 2 covers...pushed in pink thing with. Key in and pushing down on brake
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Sons self..he's fixed this before...said just don't put it in park...and of course I did...stuck at gas station
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** *****'m going to try and help!
So when you pushed the pink release did it not make it come out of park?
There is a common problem with Dodge floor shift models wherein an assembly called the lever kit (the part that has the pink lever) will break and needs replacement. The part number is ***** and it is usually in Stock at the dealer for about $9. I hope this helps!
Hi, just checking in to see if you still need help or if you had any questions regarding the information I provided.
Hi, this is Josh checking in about your shifting problem. Do you need further assistance? If you do not, please do not hesitate to leave a positive rating.