-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

It works when I first start the truck then gets lines across

Customer Question

it works when I first start the truck then gets lines across it after
JA: The mechanics can certainly get you off to the right "start" -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when I'm at work then start the truck it works the first time then also
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to find out what's wrong so that I can make that decision
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: I assume that it is a standard camera. 2011 3500
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on... Are you having an issue with your backup camera? if so have you checked the wiring at the tailgate to see if there is an issue, try opening the tailgate to see if the lines changes.. Keep me posted,Brad
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There are 2 connections,1 inside and 1 below. Both appear to be fine
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.
The only thing you can do is check the connections and if they are intact not loose or corroded then it's likely a bad camera.. I have a test camera here at the dealership I plug in to test to see if the issues are gone and if so then I replace the camera.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad