Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 Dodge Durango with 5.7 Hemi. Have had a P3425 & P3497

Customer Question

2006 Dodge Durango with 5.7 Hemi. Have had a P3425 & P3497 code for a couple of months and bought 4 new MDS but just haven't had time to replace. The major issue now is as I was driving home from dinner last night I lost all power and had to coast to the side of the road. It would not even turn over so a friend towed me home. I ran my scanner and it is now showing P0688, P2101, P2112, P2303, P2305, P2308, P2311, P2314, P2320, P2323 along with the original MDS issue mentioned above. I am stumped as what to even check or replace now as it still want turn over.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Other that it has been running great even despite the MDS code issues until last night
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I am sorry I nor the other techs did not get to you sooner. I believe I can help but I did not want to waste your or my time if you no longer needed help. Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I do
Thanks, ***** ***** all of those code can cause a car to stall and run poor. None though indicate why it now will not even crank. Is the theft light on or flashing with the key on?Here is the starting circuit. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/durangocrank.pdfAt the starter relay are 2 pins powered when trying to start?We can get to the other codes in a bit, most likely just diagnosing the ASD relay code first. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris