sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

My have 2005 dodge caravan 3.3 120k that died while driving

Customer Question

my have 2005 dodge caravan 3.3 120k that died while driving . cranks but no start i shot carb cleaner in the thro body it ran while spraying yesterday now today no spark or fuel pressure .
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: codes po627 & po138 2005 caravan 3.3 120k died while driving it ran as long as i shot carb cleaner in the thro body . now nothing no spark no fuel pressure
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: does crank yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: well 10 mins before it died i thought i smelled a hot engine but i did see a car pulled over with the hood up , it did make me think but i dont think it was me smelling up the place
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!P0627 is for the fuel pump relay control circuit and would be related to a no start condition. This sets when the relay has failed, there is a loss of power to the coil side of the relay or an open/short on the relay control circuit, either of which will prevent the fuel pump from running.A loss of spark would be a separate issue though. How are you checking for spark?Was something else done in between it running on carb cleaner and finding that you don't believe spark is present?