roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years

Dodge neon: 2003 dodge neon 2.0 manual transmission. there

Customer Question

2003 dodge neon 2.0 manual transmission. there was a p0340 code for camshaft position sensor so I went ahead bought a new one and replaced it. now the car wont start and it is sending a p0129 code for low barometric pressure. I put the old cam shaft position sensor back in to no avail. my only guess is that when I originally took out the old one I moved too many things unnecessarily. I disconnecting the the air filter housing from the throttle body and disconnected some hoses for easier access. I'm realized later I didn't need all that hand room but now I'm stuck with this new low barometric pressure code and the car wont start.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  roy replied 5 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist did the car run prior to you replacing the sensor??? Roy
Expert:  roy replied 5 months ago.
a common issue with the the cam sensor code is the harness. the harness is common for shorting together about 6 to 10 inches behind the connector. I would un wrap the harness and inspect for any damage. that short will also cause this code. I will post below about the 129 code for you. Roy SYMPTOM P0129-BAROMETRIC PRESSURE OUT-OF-RANGE LOWWHEN MONITORED With the ignition key on. No Cam or Crank signal within 75 ms . Engine speed at less than 250 RPM .SET CONDITION The PCM senses the voltage from the MAP sensor to be less than 2.196 volts but above 0.0392 of a volt for 300 milliseconds . One Trip Fault.POSSIBLE CAUSES IAC signal circuit lowIAC signal circuit highIntermittent condition(K7) 5 volt supply circuit shorted to voltage(K7) 5 volt supply circuit shorted to ground(K7) 5 volt supply circuit openMAP sensor internal failure(K1) MAP signal circuit open(K1) MAP Signal Circuit Shorted To GroundPCM (K7) 5 volt supply circuitPCM (K1) MAP signal
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes the car ran prior to swapping it out. are u saying that if the camshaft position sensor is shorting out it is sending the p0129 code?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the camshaft code is gone now. it is just the p0129 and the car wont start but did before.
Expert:  roy replied 5 months ago.
no, chances are the sensor was not bad. the wiring harness could be the issue. yes, it could cause the other code as stated in the possibilities. other possibles are that the timing belt may be worn and has too much slack. thats just for the 340 code. the 129 may have been triggered by the moving the harness Roy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i checked the harness and some other wires in the area and they seem to be good.
Expert:  roy replied 5 months ago.
do you have a scan tool that will read live data??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  roy replied 5 months ago.
ok, with key on, cranking see what the signal voltage is on the cam sensor
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my bad my tool does not have that feature. its just a pocket scanner
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it gives me a minor readout but nothing on cam sensor
Expert:  roy replied 5 months ago.
you need a real scan tool to continue to get readings. I will opt out and see if anyone else can help. Roy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
now there is no code but it still wont start