Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Pearl the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500,is surging in park and while

Customer Question

Pearl the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500,is surging in park and while driving . Recently it has started stalling when I stop and tonight it did it when I was pulling into a parking space.
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: Less then 1 yr
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The idle drops below 300 rpms. Stalls while stopping at a light , in park the idle jumps up to 1300 rpms and tonight it stalled pulling into a parking space
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet except run a code scanner , which came up blank
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Well it seems like it started when they did the air bag recall cause cruis control goes on but doesn't engage when you hit the set button
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 5 months ago.
Hell I'm Chris and I can help you
Let me know when you are on.