Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I HAVE 2006 DODGE SPRINTER 2500 , I CHANGE THE THERMOSTAT ABOUT

Customer Question

I HAVE 2006 DODGE SPRINTER 2500 , I CHANGE THE THERMOSTAT ABOUT SIX MONTHS
AGO, THEN MY COMPUTER LIGHT COME ON
ABOUT THREE MONTHS AGO THESE LIGHTS COME ON,---ABS..COMPUTER..TIRE..ESP..AND
NOW I LOSES POWER GOING UP HILL, AND MY ENGINE SOUND HAS CHANGE, IT HAS A
HEAVY, MUFFLE SOUND, BUT IT START UP GOOD AND RUN GOOD GOING DOWN HILL.
I CHANGE THE MASK ASSEMBLE HOSE ABOUT 8 OR 9 MONTHS AGO, I ALSO DIS ABLE THE
02 SENSOR AND DROVE IT FOR ONE DAY, BUT THAT DID NOT HELP.I HAVE PUT IN A NEW
FUEL FILTER, AND I CHECKED ALL MY HOSES FOR A PIN HOLE.NOW DONT KNOW WHAT TO
DO NEXT, CAN YOU HELP ME?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.The best thing to do at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can have these Codes read for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK, ROBERT HERE IS THE CODES I GET: 2137-001 GLOWPLUGS IS FAULTY..2028-004 R25 O2 SENSOR IS FAULTY...2306-002 SENSORS SUPPLY 2 VOLTAGE IS TO LOW...0190-002 B113 RAIL

PRESSURE SENSOR IS SHORTED... 0190-001 RAIL PRESSURE SENSOR...2208-001 CAN BUS BRAKE SIGNAL.

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I have been researching your concern and now have a bit of information for you...Let me know if you are missing any info or need an explanation of anything posted here... I have info on all but the 2208-001 code. I'm posting this info below, click the links to view the files. I'll also give you my thoughts on each code. Click the individual links to view the diagnostic procedures. 2137 --> It is probably best to replace all glow plugs and the glow plug module for this code, IF the glow plug was shorted, it will blow out the glow plug module. The replacement glow plug module is updated and more robust and is less likely to blow out with failed glow plugs. This code will NOT cause your loss of power going up hills. 2028 --> This code can cause ECM to go into "Limp Mode" so it should be taken care of asap. Most common failure for this code is the O2 sensor itself, Replace the O2 sensor and should help the problem... 2306 --> This code will take a bit of detailed diagnosis to find the cause, it could be caused by the boost pressure sensor, fuel pressure sensor or a wiring issue. Areas to check for chafing of the harness include the brake booster area, area where the main harness goes under the fuel filter, and the area on the left side of the intake manifold where the harness runs near a sharp edge of the intake manifold. Make sure this is ran properly and the rubber grommet is mounted in a way to keep the harness away from that sharp corner. See this pic for more info. 0190 --> Check for plugged fuel filter, make sure even though you just replaced the filter. If you have a bad tank of fuel it will plug a new filter in a hurry. If filter is ok, check fuel pressure from the in tank pump across the fuel filter. If ok, check the fuel rail itself or for faulty injectors. The fuel pressure solenoid on the fuel rail can cause problems along with the fuel rail pressure sensor. If either is bad, fuel rail must be replaced as an assembly. These are precision parts and improper assembly of either the sensor or the fuel pressure solenoid can cause malfunction of the fuel system. As for the 2208 CAN brake signal, I normally find that replacing the brake switch solves this problem... Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, ***** ***** keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer. Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf... Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for good answers is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

THE BRAKE SWITCH WERE REPLACED ABOUT SIX MONTH AGO. NOW WHICH OF THE ABOVE WOULD YOU SUGGEST I START OFF WITH

BECAUSE, TRY TO REPLACE ALL THE ABOVE IS BASIC DOING GUESS WORK AND CAN BE EXPENSE, I WONT TO DO THE ONE THAT IS CAUSING ME TO LOOSE POWER GOING UP HILL.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

THE CYLINDER 1 INJECTOR WERE REPLACED 2 WEEKS AGO, IT

PULL UP A CODE 2141-004 THOUGHT THIS MAY BE HELPFUL.

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.
I'd concentrate on the P2028 and the P2306 first, the rest with exception of the glow plug codes may go away after fixing the o2 sensor and the fuel pressure/boost pressure sensor problems... Read through the diagnostics, if you want to run the charts, I can post additional info that will be needed to run the tests, just let me know and we can do that... It will cost a bit more via a premium service. Keep me posted... Thank you, Robert
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK, I WII START WITH THE 02 SENSOR FIRST, AND THE FUEL PRESSURE/ BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR, I KEEP YOU POSTED ON

THE RESULT.

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.
Sounds good Keep me posted... Thank you, Robert