Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Engine noise on 2000 intrepid 3.2. Any ideas JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Engine noise on 2000 intrepid 3.2. Any ideas
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can hear a knocking like noise when I first started the engine. I can hear when I reviewed the motor too
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it's not complicated I can try
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 7 months ago.
i need more info where is the noise appearing to be from?without being in front of the vehicle any noise is extremely difficult to pinpoint, now the FIRST thing is remove the accessory belts and run the vehicle for a bit if the noise is still there the noise is in the engine if not it's an engine driven accessory such as the alternator, a pulley a/c compressor etc...