Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Good afternoon, I turn the key and starter will not engage.

Customer Question

good afternoon, I turn the key and starter will not engage.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i have swapped the starter relays around, i have checked the wire connection on the starter and the starter will not engage
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have checked the wire connection at the starter, they are tight. i have swapped the starter relay with the heater blower relay i have use3d a jumper wire from pin 30 to 87 and the starter clecks but will not engage
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year make model and engine of it please?